BluOS Player displays Cannot access file: Host is down – Player Notification when it cannot access audio files from the network sources such as NAS, Windows PC, Macbook, Bluesound VAULT, or NAD M50.2.
Verify the following possibilities to resolve the issue:
The host network source is not active
- Ensure that the host network source is powered On and not in sleep mode.
The host network source IP address is changed
- Verify if the IP address of the computer, BluOS storage products, or NAS is changed. If changed, reconnect the network source with the new IP address.
- Create a DHCP reservation for NAS to avoid changes in the IP address in case of power failure or extended outage. Refer to router product documentation for more information.
The Operating System (OS) version of the computer changed
- Ensure that the BluOS firmware is updated to be aligned with the current Windows or macOS. Newer updates in the OS could affect the connection with BluOS Players. Refer to the BluOS Support site for firmware updates on the compatibility with newer OS updates.
The antivirus software is updated
- Verify if your computer had major antivirus updates recently. Antivirus updates block traffic used to establish SMB sharing – blocking the TCP and UDP ports.
- Refer to our Help Center article for our recommendations on running antivirus software.