BluOS CD-rippinga) products rip only standard audio CDs. They do not recognize DVD-Audio, Blu-ray, or Super Audio CD (SACD). CD layer of some dual encoded SACDs may be ripped, reading the 16-bit layer.
BluOS performs a quality check procedure while processing the rip-encode-indexing of the CD. BluOS requires approximately 20 to 25 minutes to rip a 60-minute CD.
When BluOS detects quality issues on the CD, an error notification is displayed in the Rip / Encode status.
To access the Rip / Encode status of the BluOS Storage products, perform the following steps:
- In the BluOS Controller App, under the left Navigation Drawer, select Settings.
- Select Music library > Ripping. The Ripping screen is displayed.
- Select Rip / Encode status > Update.
If your CD does not rip, ensure the CDs are not scratched/damaged, and try playing the CD with any standard CD Player.
If the CD works on any standard Player and still has ripping issues on BluOS Player, send us the diagnostic log of the BluOS Player to resolve the issue.
To send the diagnostic log, perform the following steps:
- In the BluOS Controller App, under the left Navigation Drawer, select Help.
- Select Send support request.
- Enter the required fields and select Send Request.
- a)Available on Bluesound VAULT models, NAD M50.2, or NAD M50 (with attached M52).
- Do not rip CDs other than the Standard size (120 mm / 4.75 inches).
- The printed label should be facing right when inserting CD in VAULT (gen1) and facing the PLAY/PAUSE button for all other VAULT models.