Bell Canada ISP provided routers, Bell Home Hub 2000 and Bell Home Hub 3000 have the ability to Band Span. This means they are able to provide a single unified SSID or Network Name for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency band of your home network.
This setting will need to be disabled to ensure all Bluesound Players reliably appear in the Player Selection Drawer in the App every time.
Connect To The Bell Home Hub Web Interface
- From any computer that's connected to the router open a web browser
- Enter http://ca/homehub/ or http://192.168.2.1/ into the address bar and press enter to access the router's status page
- Select Manage My Wi-Fi
- Uncheck "Keep a common network name (SSID) and password for both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands."
- Edit the name of the 5.0 GHz band to differ it from the 2.4GHz band. Commonly we recommend adding a suffix such as '_5Ghz' or even '-5' to the existing name, so it's clear which network is which
- The password may remain the same
- Select OK to apply the settings
- The router may restart
- Once the restart is completed, within 5 minutes, all Bluesound Players should appear in the Player Selection Drawer as they are now connected to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Please unplug in missing Players for 10 seconds then Plug them back in