Playlists can become corrupt over time in rare occasions. We strongly recommend backing up your playlists to a USB Drive or memory stick to prevent permanent loss of those great playlists and mixes created over time. The ability to backup and restore a playlist will also allow users to perform a factory reset, yet maintain the playlist provided the network sources have not changed.
The following steps can be performed on any model of BluOS Players.
- Insert a powered USB drive or USB memory stick into the back panel of a BluOS Player or Module
- From the Player Navigation Drawer, select Settings, Player, Backup Playlist and follow the on screen prompts
- Upon completion, a confirmation page will appear, then you will be returned to the Configure Player page
- Once you've backed up the playlists, a stored_playlist.db file will be created in the root directory of the USB flash drive
You will now be able to use the two options (Backup Playlist and Restore Playlist) onto the same player or other players.
- To restore playlist, reinsert the USB drive into a BluOS Player or Module
- From the Player Navigation Drawer, select Settings, Player and the Restore Playlist option will appear
- Select Restore Playlist and you will be prompted to overwrite the existing playlists currently on your BluOS Player with the backup playlists from your USB flash drive
- Select Yes and the Playlists will be restored
- Upon completion you will be returned to the Settings menu
- To update your Playlist backup, reinsert your USB flash drive
- From the Player Navigation Drawer, select Settings, Player, and the Backup Playlist option will appear
- Select Backup Playlist and you will be prompted to overwrite the existing backup currently on your USB flash drive with the current playlists from your BluOS Player
- Select Yes and the backup will be updated
- Upon completion you will be returned to the Configure Player menu
Restored playlists are network share dependent. A restored playlist will only play tracks located in identically mounted network shares. If songs are located in different shares or are moved, songs are removed or ignored from the playlist.