After the BluOS Player completes indexing a recently added Network Share, you find missing a few (or entire) music tracks. These missing tracks may be due to inadequate security permission on the files or folders on the Mac.
Security Permissions for folders in macOS cascade from the upper-level folder to all sub-folders unless altered. Sometimes the underlying sub-folders may have the wrong security permission.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Locate and Control-click (Right-click) the music folder.
- Select Get Info.
- Select the Sharing & Permissions section.
- If the lock iconat the bottom right is locked, click it to unlock the permissions.
- Set the Privilege to Read & Write for all users.
- Click the Action pop-up menuat the bottom and select Apply to enclosed items.
- Click the lock iconto lock the permissions.
Note: Before proceeding, please wait about 5-10 minutes for your Mac computer to reflect the changes across the network.
- In the BluOS Controller App, on the left Navigation Drawer, select Settings.
- Under MUSIC LIBRARY, select Reindex Music Collection.
For more information on macOS folder permissions, refer to Apple's support site.