With the recent release of macOS Catalina, Apple has made changes to how iTunes playlists are stored and organized by iTunes. These changes have caused iTunes playlists to no longer be included when creating a network share through the BluOS app.
To import your playlists from iTunes while using macOS Catalina, please follow the steps provided below.
- Open the Apple Music App on your MacBook
- Under Playlists, select your first Playlist
- In the Menu Bar, select File, Library, Export Playlist...
- From the Save window, change the Format to M3U
- Change Where (the file is saved) to the Music Folder that is shared.
- Store the .M3U file in the same folder where the file Music Library is
- Press Save
- Repeat these steps for each and every Playlist in the Music App
- IF you make changes to a Playlist in the Music App, you will have to re-export it again
If you are currently running Windows or a macOS version previous to Catalina, simply sharing the "iTunes" folder from your computer will still allow you to access your iTunes playlists through the BluOS app.