Note: To share the Apple Music playlist, refer to our Help Center article.
BluOS automatically reads your iTunes Music Library.xml file and imports all iTunes playlists when creating a BluOS Library via a Network/Local share. The imported playlists appear under Library > Playlists in the BluOS Controller App.
The .XML File
Ensure the iTunes Music Library.xml file is available in the shared iTunes Folder/sub-folder. If you are running an iTunes app 12.2 or later version and cannot locate the iTunes Music Library.xml file, perform the following steps:
- Open the iTunes app.
- In the menu bar, select iTunes > Preferences
(Windows users, select Edit > Preferences)
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Share iTunes Library XML with other applications' checkbox.
- Select the required Music Folder (to be shared with BluOS Player) from the iTunes Media folder location option.
- Click OK.
- Close and reopen the iTunes App.
- Start the File Sharing procedure* (macOS or Windows).
*If you have already shared an iTunes Folder using the File Sharing procedure and the playlists are missing:
Reindex Music Collection
- Perform steps 1 to 7.
- In the BluOS Controller App, under the left Navigation Drawer, select Settings > Music Library > Reindex Music Collection.
Ensure to share the correct folder if BluOS does not automatically import the iTunes playlists after you re-index.
To share the correct folder: