Note: To share an iTunes playlist, refer to our other Help Center article.
Share the .M3U File
To manually share the Apple Music playlists with BluOS, perform the following steps:
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Select the required playlist in the sidebar.
- In the menu bar, select File > Library > Export Playlist…
- From the Save window, change the Format to M3U.
- Select the Music Folder where you want to export the playlist, and this Music Folder will be made accessible to the BluOS Player via file sharing in Step 8.
- Select Save.
- [Optional] To share other playlists in the sidebar with the BluOS Player, repeat the previous steps.
- Start the File Sharing procedure (macOS or Windows).
The imported playlists appear under Library > Playlists in the BluOS Controller App, under the left Navigation Drawer.
If you have already shared an Apple Music Folder using the File Sharing procedure and the playlists are missing, perform the following procedures:
Reindex Music Collection
- Perform steps 1 to 7 from the Share the .M3U File procedure.
- In the BluOS Controller App, under the left Navigation Drawer, select Settings > Music Library > Reindex Music Collection.
Important!: Whenever you modify the shared playlist in the Apple Music app, you must re-export the playlist and perform the Reindex Music Collection in the BluOS Controller App.