Connect the TV or another video source to the BluOS device through analog, optical, or HDMI inputs to listen to your favorite shows or movies through the BluOS system.
Grouping multiple BluOS devices to simultaneously playback from one of these inputs could require abundant network traffic to ensure the audio stays in sync with the original video source over the network.
To help with this, BluOS has introduced A/V mode in the BluOS Controller App that creates a short and unintrusive buffer to the audio and ensures the BluOS system stays in sync with the video source even with slower or cluttered networks.
To enable A/V mode, perform the following steps:
- In the BluOS Controller App, select the Player Drawer . The list of players connected to the BluOS Controller App is displayed.
- Select the player connected to the video input to highlight it.
- Select the left Navigation Drawer. Select Settings>Player>Customize sources.
- Select the corresponding video source input (Analog/Optical/HDMI).
- Enable A/V mode.
- Adjust the Lip-sync delay to using the slider.
A/V mode Enabled
When enabled, the BluOS automatically adjusts the audio delay to keep the grouped BluOS devices in sync with the connected video source.
A/V mode Disabled
When the BluOS device is connected to audio-only sources, such as a Vinyl or CD player, the A/V mode setting should be disabled. This ensures quality over speed.
Adjust the lower end of this delay to better suit the speed of the network.