If you have multiple Players in your home but some are older, pre 2i generation, you can still AirPlay to these players by grouping them with newer AirPlay-enabled BluOS Players. Here's how:
AirPlay to Compatible BluOS Player
- Open the Control Centre by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen (iPhone 8 or earlier models) or swiping down from the upper-right corner (iPad, iPhone X, and later models).
- Tap the AirPlay Widget to setup AirPlay.
- Tap the AirPlay icon () on the iOS device and select the BluOS Players that you require to playback the audio. (Select multiple players to simultaneously playback audio on them)
Grouping older (non-Airplay) BluOS Players
To group BluOS Players for multiroom playback with AirPlay content, perform the following steps:
- In the BluOS App, select to open the Player Drawer. The list of players connected to the BluOS App is displayed.
- Select the Player currently connected to AirPlay to highlight it.
- Tap to add other players to the Group.
- A generation 2i or later BluOS player must be the primary or first player in the group to stream audio to multiple speakers with AirPlay – The primary player should not be removed from the group.