BluOS Players (2018 or later generation models) feature Apple AirPlay 2 – refer to AirPlay-compatible BluOS Players for a complete list of compatible products. You can stream music, movies, podcasts, and third-party Music Apps directly to BluOS products. For more information, refer to Apple’s Airplay website.
AirPlay to Compatible BluOS Player
- Open the Control Centre by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen (iPhone 8 or earlier models) or swiping down from the upper-right corner (iPad, iPhone X, and later models).
- Tap the AirPlay Widget to set up AirPlay.
- Tap the AirPlay button on the iOS device and select the BluOS Players that you require to playback the audio. (Select multiple players to simultaneously playback audio on them)
Grouping older (non-Airplay) BluOS Players
To group older (pre-2018 generation) BluOS Players for multiroom playback with AirPlay content, refer to our Help Center article.
Control BluOS Players using Siri
Add the AirPlay-compatible BluOS Players to the Apple Home app to control them using Siri on your iPhone or iPad.
To add BluOS Players (AirPlay-compatible) to the Apple Home app, perform the following steps:
- In the Apple Home app, tap + > Add Accessory.
- Select the " I Don’t Have a Code or Cannot Scan option.
- Hold your iPhone or iPad near the BluOS Player. All available products are listed*.
- Select the BluOS player to be added.
- Select the Speaker Location.
- Select Continue.
- Enter the Speaker Name (choose the same name selected during the initial BluOS player setup using the BluOS Controller App – any name change modifies the name on the BluOS Controller App).
The BluOS player is added to the Apple Home app.
Use Siri with an iPhone or iPad on the same network as the connected BluOS player.
Try out the following sample Voice commands in Siri:
Hey Siri, play some alternative in the living room.
Hey Siri, turn up the volume in the bedroom.
Note: Only Apple Music (subscribers) or music downloaded to your iOS device can be used directly with Siri. For more information, refer to the Apple Music website.
To use Siri with third-party music apps like Spotify, just say “on Spotify” at the end of your phrase.
Hey Siri, play Daily Mix 1 in the living room on Spotify.
Note: You will receive a prompt for the first time - "Do you allow Siri to access your Spotify Data?". Select Yes.
To group and play music in multiple BluOS AirPlay players using Siri, name multiple rooms in the same voice command.
Hey Siri, play July Talk in the living room and kitchen.
Note: Grouping via Siri works only for Players added to the Apple Home app.
AirPlay-compatible BluOS Players
- C 368/C 388 (with BluOS 2i MDC)
- C 658
- C 700
- C 399
- CI 580 v2
- CI 720 v2
- T758 v3i
T 777 with VM310 4k MDC
- T 778
- M10 v2
- M17 v2i
- M32 with BluOS 2i MDC
- Other Brands:
- Roksan Attessa
- All BluOS Players are not AirPlay 2 compatible. Only models launched from 2018 can be used with AirPlay or Siri.
- The primary player in the Fixed Group of the BluOS Controller App should be Airplay or Siri compatible to stream Airplay audio to other players in the fixed group.
- BluOS Players do not include a QR or HomeKit code and should be manually added to the Apple Home app.
- *If the Airplay-compatible BluOS player is not displayed in the Apple Home app, play audio through the BluOS Player via the AirPlay Control Center to make it appear in the Apple Home app.