BluOS supports Home Theater grouping with the following compatible players to provide a surround sound listening experience.
Note: Only a Home Theater Group can output Dolby content to the rear speakers. For more information, refer to our Help Center article.
|Compatible Front Channels||Compatible Rear Channels|
|PULSE SOUNDBAR+||PULSE M (pair required)|
|POWERNODE (N330)||PULSE FLEX 2i (pair required)|
|M10 V2||POWERNODE (N330)|
|POWERNODE 2i (with HDMI)||POWERNODE EDGE|
|PULSE SOUNDBAR 2i||POWERNODE 2i (with HDMI)|
|PULSE SOUNDBAR||POWERNODE 2i|
|-||PULSE FLEX (pair required)|
You can also use a combination of any generation PULSE FLEX speakers for the rear channels of the grouping. For example, you can configure a PULSE FLEX 2i as the rear right channel and a PULSE FLEX as the left rear channel.
Also, you can always pair PULSE SUB+ or PULSE SUB* with the front channel players to create a dramatic soundscape for the audio.
WiFi Direct Connect - PULSE SOUNDBAR+ has a dedicated secondary WiFi module to automatically connect with PULSE SUB+ (pairing) and compatible rear channels (creating a Home Theater Group) without using the local home network. WiFi Direct Connect provides a complete low-latency wireless, surround sound experience even in a noisy network.
To enable the WiFi Direct Connect feature, perform the following steps:
- Delete previously created Home Theater Group (if any).
- Upgrade all players and BluOS Controller App to the latest firmware.
- Recreate/Create Home Theater Group with PULSE SOUNDBAR+ to establish this WiFi Direct Connect feature.
For information on creating a Home Theater Group, refer to our Help Center article.
- Connect the external audio input to the player configured as the front channel.
- When using POWERNODE models as a rear channel setup, connect the LEFT SPEAKER (+/-) terminal to the room’s left side speaker and vice versa.
- *PULSE SUB cannot pair wirelessly with PULSE SOUNDBAR+ due to PULSE SUB’s hardware limitations.