We do not recommend using Static IPs. Instead, we recommend setting up DHCP reservations to achieve the same outcome.
To configure a DHCP reservation for the Player, follow these general steps.
Note: The exact steps may vary depending on the router or DHCP server, so refer to the router's user manual or online documentation for specific instructions:
Access the Router's Admin Panel:
- Open a web browser and enter the router's IP address in the address bar. Common router IP addresses are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Log in with the router's username and password. If you have not changed these, check the router's manual for default credentials.
- Locate the DHCP Reservation Settings: Navigate to the DHCP or LAN settings section. The DHCP reservation settings are typically found in this area.
- Find the Player's MAC Address: Identify the MAC address of the Player for which you want to set a DHCP reservation.
- Assign a Reserved IP Address: In the DHCP reservation settings, look for an option to add a reservation. Enter the MAC address of the player and assign the required IP address that you want to reserve for it.
- Configure Other Network Settings (Optional): Depending on the router, you may have additional options to configure settings such as subnet mask, gateway, and DNS servers. Ensure these settings are configured appropriately.
- Save Changes: After entering the required information, save the changes by clicking the Save or Apply button.
- Reboot the Player: To ensure that the player acquires the reserved IP address, you may need to reboot the player to renew its DHCP lease.
- Verify the Configuration: Check the player's network settings to confirm that it has obtained the reserved IP address. Learn more.
Please note that these steps are general guidelines, and the specific steps may vary depending on the router model and firmware version. Refer to the router's documentation for accurate and detailed instructions tailored to the router.