Yes. You can stream Apple Lossless content directly from the Apple Music app from a Mac.
Currently, when a BluOS Player is selected directly from the list of Airplay-compatible devices in the Apple Music app, lossless audio is converted to AAC at 256 kbps. As a workaround, when you set the system-wide audio output on a Mac to a BluOS Player, the AirPlay content is transmitted as 16-bit 44.1 kHz using ALAC or Apple Lossless.
To change the system-wide audio output on Mac, perform the following steps on your Mac:
- Select Control Center in the menu bar.
- Select the Airplay icon under Sound.
- Select the required BluOS Player.
- Open the Apple Music app and select the Airplay icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Computer > (BluOS Player).
Alternatively, to change the audio output on the Mac – click here.
The Apple Music app will now stream bit-perfect lossless audio to the BluOS Player.
- This option is not available on an iPad or iPhone.
- Audio quality is 16-bit/44.1 kHz (CD Quality) Lossless via ALAC.